Oral Health Gold Standard for Bradford Practice
We are extremely proud to announce that our Bradford Practice has received the ‘Building Better Smiles’ Gold Award for their commitment to oral health promotion and advice.
The accolade was awarded by the Oral Health Promotion Team, part of Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust, who are running the Oral Health Accreditation Programme in conjunction with local dental practices. In order to achieve the Gold Award, we also had to meet all of the criteria for the Silver Award.
- We had to identify an Oral Heath Champion for the practice. This is Adeline Triponescu our Oral Health Educator and Fluoride Varnish Nurse.
- We have to support at least two National Campaigns throughout the year. Last year we supported National Smile Month, Stoptober and Mouth Cancer Month.
- We have to ensure that the practice has quarterly oral health displays within the practice waiting area.
- Our clinicians have to record medical & social history which will identify tobacco use, alcohol, medication and dietary habits.
- Our clinicians prescribe sugar free medicines.
- We had Stop Smoking training provided by Bradford Stop Smoking Services.
- Adeline, our oral health champion, is a registered member with the National Oral Health Promotion Group.
- Delivering Better Oral Health advice is on site and accessible to all staff, and referred to within practice meetings and inductions with new staff.
Additional criteria we had to complete for the Gold Award:
- We have to complete online training, which is provided by Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust.
- Adeline must provide evidence facilitating an oral health intervention with patients on a regular basis, for e.g. oral health advice in surgery.
- All the dental nurses within the practice will have ‘Introduction to Oral Health Promotion’ training.
As you can see, the team at Bradford have worked exceptionally hard to achieve this award. As a company, we are constantly trying to find ways to improve our patient’s oral health by focusing on oral health promotion and advice, and this award shows our commitment to that improvement.
By achieving the Gold Award, staff at Ravat and Ray Bradford will benefit from Oral Health network events and free training provided by Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust. All this will broaden staff knowledge and enable them to better help patients on a daily basis and Build Better Smiles.